Eden Nightclub and The Roof Bar are both located on Brigend's Market St. (Credit: Creative Commons)
Eden Nightclub and The Roof Bar are both located on Brigend's Market St. (Credit: Creative Commons)

Drunken man who ‘waved empty wine bottle while singing and dancing’ on street arrested

Jason Cock already had 24 previous convictions, including eight for public disorder since 2004

A MAN was arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour after ignoring police warnings during a Bridgend night out.

Jason Cock of Gwaun Bedw, Rhondda Cynon Taff, was on a night out in Bridgend when his “loud and boisterous” behaviour caught the attention of patrolling police officers, a court heard.

He was standing outside Eden’s Bar & Lounge on Market Street, Bridgend, when he was first warned by police for his actions.

The initial warning was made at around 12.15 am on Sunday, January 29.

The 36-year-old had been denied entry to the nightclub and “refused to be moved on by door staff,” prosecutor Stephen Head told the court.

PC Jones, who was on duty that night, had asked Cock to go home due to his drunken behaviour.

However, in an “intoxicated state” Cock ignored these warnings and continued his rowdy behaviour as he moved on to the next bar, Cardiff Magistrates’ Court heard.

He was said to be “waving an empty wine bottle while singing and dancing” in front of passers-by.

Due to continuous disorderly behaviour, he was arrested outside The Roof Bar, also located on Market Street, at around 12.30am.

Cock was handcuffed but refused to get into the police van meaning that officers had to use force to get him to cooperate.

He was said to have been shouting and kicking the cage door with force in the back of the van during the journey to Bridgend police station.

This behaviour continued in police custody until Cock was eventually in a less drunken state and calmed down, the court heard.

Cock has 24 previous convictions for 29 offences between 2004 and 2020 which includes eight public disorder offences.

When asked whether he had anything to say, Cock who – representing himself – put to the court a simple “sorry.”

“I’ll try not to let it happen again,” he said.

He was ordered by magistrate Patricia Blackwell to pay a fine of £300, £86 in prosecution fees and a surcharge of £120 making a total of £506.